Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pretzel Women

I have wanted to do yoga Forever! Yet, every time I make plans to go somethings prevents it from happening. Heidi needs me to watch Gage a little longer, yoga is canceled, or I have gymnastics..the list goes on. Anyway, so this morning at 8:30 a.m. is the first time I am able to go. When I get there I am one of 8 people in the class and everyone, including the instructor, is at least 30 years older than I am. Instantly I am thinking this class is gonna be weak because I am going to be WAY more flexible than these women. Boy was I wrong! These ladies are folding in ways I have never even seen attempted. One women can sit folded up all over herself and touch her head to the floor with out so much as a grunt. By the end of the class I was sweaty and sore, the other ladies were just fine talking about how relaxing that class had just been. I had many words for the class...relaxing wasn't close to one of them! I definitely got a lesson in "Don't judge a book by it's cover" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment